German chamomile has many amazing healing properties and health benefits which make it a key essential oil to always have on hand. Here is a list of many of the common healing properties an health benefits that German chamomile has.
1. Anti-inflammatory: German chamomile is high in anti-inflammatory properties. This means that it helps to reduce inflammation in the body due to infection or strains to the muscles. Along with this it also helps to reduce the pain associated with the injury or infection helping to ease the problem area and increase blood circulation to help with healing. The high azulen content in German chamomile make it a very powerful anti-inflammatory and skin healer.
2. Antiseptic: German chamomile is great for cleaning. Its antiseptic properties make it great for cleaning the house as well as for helping to clean out wounds on the body. It also helps to reduce bacteria from growing or forming in or on a wound or solid surface. It can help to clean and heal up wounds such as; eczema, mouth sores and ingrown nails.
3. Arthritis Aide: Due to German chamomiles anti-inflammatory and pain reducing properties it makes it a great aide in relieving the symptoms of arthritis. The flare-ups from arthritis can be soothed and calmed by the used of German chamomile either topically or orally through a tea. It can help to reduce the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis in the affected area bringing relief to many. Not to mention its sedative properties help a person relax and sleep more easily.
4. Depression and Anxiety: When it comes to anxiety and depression German chamomile is very helpful. It helps to reduce the feelings of depression and anxiety by calming the mind and the body helping a person to relax and have a clearer head allowing a person to think more logically and not over-emotionally; creating a balance in hormones.
5. Digestive System: German chamomile helps to improve digestion by helping to relax the stomach allowing a person’s digestive system to not cramp up and flow more smoothly. It helps to reduce the build-up of gas in the digestive tract which therefore helps to reduce bloating and cramping. It can help to ease acid reflux symptoms as well as indigestion, diarrhea and nausea. German chamomile’s anti-spasmodic properties help to reduce cramping and constipation allowing for the system to run more smoothly.
6. Headaches: German chamomiles anti-inflammatory and pain reducing properties make it wonderful in helping to relive headaches. It helps to reduce the inflammation in the brain while helping to reduce the pain associated with the headache. It is great to helping to relieve stress and tension headaches.
7. Motion sickness: German chamomile can help with relieving motion sickness or nausea. It does this through its anti-inflammatory and sedative properties. It helps to calm the stomach and the mind allowing a person’s body and mind to calm and relax reducing the symptoms of nausea commonly associated with motion sickness.
8. Muscle Aide: The anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties that are in German chamomile make it perfect for helping to relieve the pain and inflammation associated with muscle pains and strains. It helps to reduce the inflammation in the affected muscle while helping to reduce the pain allowing for the muscle to calm and relax and begin healing.
9. PMS Aide: It can help to balance the hormones, reduce cramping, pain and nausea commonly associated with PMS as well as menopause. this helps a woman to be more calm and relaxed or less irritable and emotional during this time.
10. Respiratory System: German chamomile helps the respiratory system in a couple of ways. First it helps the respiratory system through its anti-inflammatory and pain reducing properties which is important when a person has a chest infection such as a cold or flu. It helps to open up the airways allowing for better blood circulation which then allows the white blood cells to flow more freely to help heal the infection. Second its anti-catarrhal properties help in removing the build-up of mucus in the chest which can occur during a respiratory infection.
11. Sedative: German chamomile is well known for is sedative properties. It allows the body and the mind to relax and calm prior to bedtime allowing for a more restful and deeper sleep. This property is also important when it comes to relieving stress, depression and anxiety because it allows the body and the mind to calm and stop racing allowing a person to relax enough to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Getting a proper night’s sleep is also very important when having a cold or flu as sleep helps to heal the body from said infection.
12. Skin Care: The four key properties that German chamomile has helps with healing of the skin. The anti-inflammatory property helps to reduce inflammation of the skin which helps to calm down flare-ups and redness on the skin. The pain reducing property helps to reduce pain in the affected skin thus reducing the flare-up while soothing the area. The antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties help to reduce and clean the area from infection and future possibility of infection. Finally the sedative property of German chamomile helps to relax and soothe the affect area reducing the stress on the area. German chamomile helps with eczema, wound care and cleaning, rashes and any other skin ailment.
13. Stress Aide: When it comes to stress German chamomile can help. It helps to calm and soothe the mind and body allowing a person to be calmer and more relaxed thus helping to reduce the stress. It helps to keep a person’s mind clearer and more open reducing over-emotional reactions. By helping to reduce stress it helps to reduce the feelings of anxiety and depression that a person might have which can also cause stress.
100% Pure & Organic, Therapeutic grade, Chamomile Blue (German) Essential Oil.
Directions of use:
* Diffusion: Use two to five drops in the diffuser.
* Topical use: Apply one to three drops to a desired area. Dilute with a
Carrier oil of your choice to avoid any skin sensitivity.
* Internal use: Dilute 1 drop with at least 120ml (4oz) of liquid.
* Use a few drops in a relaxing bath.
*** CRUELTY FREE *** VEGAN *** ** CAUTIONS **
* Dilute prior to use.
* Might cause skin sensitivity.
* Keep out of reach of children.
* Avoid contact with eyes.
* If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare professional prior to use.
** Directions of use information provided for educational purposes only.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.