Botanical Name: Curcuma Longa Extraction Method: Steam Distilled Essential Oil Plant Part: Leaves Note: Base Note Aroma: Spicy, Same as the actual spice itself but deliciously better
Turmeric Essential Oil Benefits: Helps Fight Colon Cancer
Helps Prevent Neurologic Diseases
Potentially Treats Epilepsy
Aids in Reducing Arthritis and Joint Issues
Improves Liver Health
Helps Combat Breast Cancer
May Reduce Some Leukemia Cells
Relieves Depression and Anxiety
Relieves Depression and Anxiety
Improves the Common Cold
Wondering what is turmeric good for? Turmeric health benefits are truly amazing, ranging from working as a potential cancer-fighting food to an essential oil for depression.† Here are some of the most impressive ways that turmeric essential oil can improve your health or the health of someone you know.
Directions of use:
* Diffusion: Use two to five drops in the diffuser.
* Topical use: Apply one to three drops to a desired area. Dilute with a
Carrier oil of your choice to avoid any skin sensitivity.
* Internal use: Dilute 1 drop with at least 120ml (4oz) of liquid.
* Use a few drops in a relaxing bath.
* Cooking: Mix 5-10% with a cooking oil and add to desired flavour.
1. Helps Fight Colon Cancer A 2013 study conducted by the Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture at Kyoto University in Japan showed that the aromatic turmerone (ar-turmerone) in turmeric essential oil as well as curcumin, the main active ingredient in turmeric, both displayed the ability to help fight colon cancer in animal models, which is promising for humans struggling with the disease. The combination of curcumin and turmerone given by mouth at both low and high doses actually abolished tumor formation.
Study results published in BioFactors led researchers to the conclusion that turmerone is “a novel candidate for colon cancer prevention.” Additionally, they think that using turmerone in combination with curcumin may become a potent means of natural prevention of inflammation-associated colon cancer.
2. Helps Prevent Neurologic Diseases Studies have shown that turmerone, a major bioactive compound of turmeric oil, inhibits microglia activation. Microglia are a type of cell located throughout the brain and spinal cord. Activation of microglia is a tell-tale sign of brain disease so the fact that turmeric essential oil contains a compound that stops this harmful cell activation is hugely helpful for the prevention and treatment of brain disease.†
3. Potentially Treats Epilepsy
The anticonvulsant properties of turmeric oil and its sesquiterpenoids (ar-turmerone, α-, β-turmerone and α-atlantone) have previously been shown in both zebrafish and mouse models of chemically induced seizures. More recent research in 2013 has shown that aromatic turmerone has anticonvulsant properties in acute seizure models in mice. The turmerone was also able to modulate the expression patterns of two seizure-related genes in zebrafish.
4. Aids in Reducing Arthritis and Joint Issues
Traditionally, turmeric has been used in Chinese and Indian Ayurvedic medicine to treat arthritis since turmeric’s active components are known to block inflammatory cytokines and enzymes. That’s why it’s known as one of the best essential oils for arthritis around.
Studies have shown turmeric’s ability to help reduce pain, inflammation and stiffness related to rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.† One study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry evaluated the anti-arthritic effects of turmeric essential oil and found that crude turmeric essential oil given orally at a dose that would correspond to 5,000 milligrams per day in humans had a modest anti-inflammatory effect on the joints of animal subjects.
5. Improves Liver Health
Turmeric is well-known in the holistic health world for its ability to help improve liver health. The liver is our most vital detoxifying organ, and its condition affects the entire body. Studies have shown that turmeric is hepatoprotective (liver-protective), which is partly due to turmeric’s anti-inflammatory activity. Some research published in BMC Complementary & Alternative Medicine specifically looked at methotrexate (MTX), an antimetabolite broadly used in the treatment of cancer and autoimmune diseases, and the liver toxicity caused by MTX. The study showed that turmeric helped protect the liver from MTX-induced liver toxicity, working as a preventative liver cleanse. The fact that turmeric could protect the liver from such a strong chemical goes to show just how incredible it can be as a natural liver aid.
6. Helps Combat Breast Cancer Research published in the Journal of Cellular Biochemistry showed that the aromatic turmerone found in turmeric essential oil inhibited undesirable enzymatic activity and expression of MMP-9 and COX-2 in human breast cancer cells.† Turmerone also significantly inhibited TPA-induced invasion, migration and colony formation in human breast cancer cells. It’s a highly significant finding that components of turmeric essential oil can inhibit TPA’s abilities since TPA is a potent tumor promoter.
7. May Reduce Some Leukemia Cells One study published in the International Journal of Molecular Medicine looked at the the effects of aromatic turmerone isolated from turmeric on the DNA of human leukemia cell lines. The research showed that the turmerone caused selective induction of programmed cell death in human leukemia Molt 4B and HL-60 cells. However, the turmerone unfortunately did not have the same positive effect on human stomach cancer cells. This is promising research for ways to naturally fight leukemia.
8. Relieves Depression and Anxiety
Turmeric essential oil is considered to be a strong relaxant and balancer, and studies have shown that it can help fight against two extremely common mood disorders, depression and anxiety. As an effective essential oil for anxiety and depression, it can improve mood and positive feelings.
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 56 individuals with major depressive disorder was published in 2014 in the Journal of Affective Disorders. Results from the study showed that supplementation with BCM-95 curcumin not only successfully reduced the overall symptoms of depression, but it also worked as an anti-anxiety agent when taken over a period of eight weeks.† BCM-95 curcumin is manufactured by synergistically combining curcumin and essential oil of turmeric without synthetic additives.
9. Improves the Common Cold
Turmeric essential oil’s anti-inflammatory ability can really come in handy for the nasal congestion that typically accompanies the common cold. Simply add a few drops of turmeric oil to a diffuser or bowl of hot water and inhale the vapors to quickly alleviate that stuffy nose. Inhaling turmeric essential oil also helps fight the germs that caused your cold in the first place.
(Information source: Dr.Axe)
100% Pure & Organic, Therapeutic Grade Turmeric Essential Oil.
*** CRUELTY FREE *** VEGAN *** ** CAUTIONS **
* Dilute prior to use.
* Might cause skin sensitivity.
* Keep out of reach of children.
* Avoid contact with eyes.
* If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare professional prior to use.
** Directions of use information provided for educational purposes only.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.